The primary function of this position is to provide support to the Shipping Department through collecting, loading, shipping, and receiving warehouse products. The Warehouse Associate will be responsible for operating material conveyance equipment, loading and unloading freight, and supporting other warehouse functions to ensure optimal operation of the business.
- Operate forklifts, order pickers and other warehouse equipment.
- Use wireless RF scanning equipment to ensure accuracy of inventory
- Adhere to quality and customer service standards set forth by the company
- Perform cycle counts as required
- Pick, wrap, and stage orders to be shipped
- Inspect and perform maintenance of forklifts and other material handling equipment
- Identify safety hazards in the workplace and adhere to safety guidelines
- Consolidate partial pallets for incoming, outgoing, and stock goods
- Load and unload freight from trailer and shipping containers
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by keeping work areas neat and organized, marking materials with identifying information
- Complies with procedures, rules, and regulations to ensure a team effort by accomplishing work area goals
High school diploma/General Education Diploma (GED) preferred
2+ years’ experience operating powered forklift preferred
- Knowledge of various material-handling equipment an asset
- Proficient in mathematics
- Strong understanding of OSHA regulations
- Possess a high regard for safety in the workplace
- Able to lift 35 pounds unassisted on a routine basis; able to occasionally lift 70 pounds unassisted
This position contributes to the overall success of the company by helping to ensure that we are producing quality product for consumers that is labeled and packaged to meet customer specifications.
- Reads manufacturing orders to ensure orders are completed by date.
- Prepares orders by pulling materials, boarding, tagging and bagging items.
- Operates Heat Presses
- Maintains product quality by following organization standards.
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by keeping work areas neat and organized.
- Complies with Company procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing work area goals.
High School diploma or equivalent General Education Diploma (GED).
Effective communication skills with ability to work cooperatively in a group setting and receive work direction from various staff members.
- Able to occasionally lift and move boxes up to 50 pounds.
- Able to stand two to three hours at a time for the full workday
- Able to sort, stack and organize by customer as instructed.
- Works cooperatively in group situations.
- Is consistently at work and on time.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; monitors own work to ensure quality of finished product.
- Completes work in timely manner; works quickly.